Monday, March 22, 2010

Rulon Gardner Wresting Shoes




seems harsh winter has left us a few days. If we go into spring on Saturday, but still take some time to see their effects on weather, climate and the start of a station always keeps a gap with the astronomical beginning.


between front and squall But we can take a day or two at most, with clear skies in which to move the telescope back and return to observations. In my case, is again to take pictures to make the photometry. With so many cloudy nights lost a lot of practice and there are times when you do not have to be sure you remember how to operate the equipment.

The night looks very quiet, no wind, and a pleasant outdoor temperature of 14 degrees. This is especially convenient, since having the telescope inside the room air has to be balanced with the outside, and I have the assurance that these conditions will pretty quickly. I can thus assure an absence of severe turbulence that might degrade the image resolution.

After my experience in the past two winters I consider, if not change my place of observation, have the team standing in the raw cold nights. While I can still sacrificing to cool the house by having the window open, the poor results I get I have not been compensated for all the effort, since in these conditions of intense cold have taken hours to balance the air, a period in which, my batch of photos were terrible. But in the meantime, enjoy playing more favorable nights, despite being shorter.



I opened the night with GK Persei, the former Nova Persei 1901. Although it has been more than a century after its explosion, the cataclysmic variable star continues its current activity in the resting state, and undergoes outbursts every 500-600 days, about two magnitudes of amplitude, as we see, similar to novae dwarf, well below what was his classical nova explosion in 1901. By the way, now is in a state of eruption on the scale 12, a magnitude above normal brightness.

But, alas, have caught the star very low, and is hiding behind the building opposite, I have not had time to take more than one take, with the building across the "swallowing" the star field. But there is still night, and there are other objects waiting to be recorded by the CCD.




0 comments:

Post a Comment